Now that the hot weather has arrived, smoothies are a great way to kickstart your morning, or enjoy as an afternoon snack. This smoothie is loaded with antioxidants and makes it easy to enjoy several servings of fruit and vegetables all in one drink!
Mix together in a blender:
- 1 cup frozen, organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup diced mango or pineapple
- 1/4 banana
- 1 leaf of kale (organic)
- 1-2 cups of non -sweetened milk substitute (almond/cashew/hemp/coconut/rice milk), use more or less to get the consistency you like.
- 1 serving protein powder (or substitute with 3 tbsp hemp hearts)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- Optional super foods: royal jelly, bee pollen, raw cacao*
*These super foods are loaded with antioxidants and contain high amounts of B-vitamins, magnesium and trace minerals.
Dr. Gri is a Naturopathic Doctor with a special interest in women’s health, fertility, nutrition, and weight loss. She has a passion for promoting health, wellness, and integrated medicine. Her goal is to inspire, motivate, and empower others to achieve balanced living and enjoy healthier lives.