– Registered Physiotherapist
BA, BSc(PT), FCAMT, Dip Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy, Dip Sport Physiotherapy, Certified IMS practitioner
Dinah completed her BA in Health Studies at Queen’s University in 1991 and BSc in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto in 1995. Her passion for the national post graduate system within Sports Physio led her to being an active member of the Sport Physio division of the CPA, a member of both the Ontario provincial executive (which she chaired for 4 years) and the National Sport Physio executive. Dinah has completed her Certificate of Manual therapy (2001) and her Diploma of Manual & Manipulative therapy (2005) giving her the title of Orthopaedic Physiotherapist. She then completed her Diploma of Sport Physiotherapy (2007) giving her the title of Sport Physiotherapist as well as her IMS – Intramuscular Stimulation certification (2009). Dinah is committed to education; she is status faculty at the University of Toronto faculty of Medicine and was guest faculty in the Dance department at George Brown College.
Dinah has been honoured with teaching and mentorship awards from many students. Her credentials extend to:
• Medical team member for Winter and Summer Canada Games, Special Olympics, Paralympic and Pan American games.
• Canadian National Fencing team physiotherapist.
• On the Canadian Fencing Federation High Performance Committee.
• She was one of two therapists for the inaugural Youth Olympic Games 2010 in Singapore, Chief Therapist for the 2013 World University Games and Chief Therapist for the 2015 World University Games in Granada, Spain.
• Clinical teacher for both Canadian and International Physical Therapy students and Medical Doctor residents and fellows.
Dinah has specific experience covering many sports including fencing, cycling, gymnastics, tennis, diving, boxing, rugby and more. Years of classical ballet training brings a technical eye to her treatment of dancers and performing artists from professional and recreational programs. Appraising pointe shoe fit and foot mechanics are amongst Dinah’s unique skill sets and she has a wealth of knowledge about concussions and complicated post concussion treatment.
When not working (although often found treating Athletes while on vacation) Dinah likes to work out and stay fit, and watch live sports feeling the energy of the crowd. She is passionate about enjoying every day to the best of it’s potential and is happiest helping others and using her knowledge to promote high performance in others.